Determining the Time for Brake Repair or Replacement
In certain instances, your vehicle’s brakes will alert you to potential issues. Squealing noises, chirping sounds, and grinding are indications that brake repair is required. Also, because brake components wear out at different intervals under different driving conditions, you should ask your Certified Service technician to inspect your brakes at least every 7,500 miles. Classic Cadillac’s skilled technicians are experts when it comes to examining the wear and quality of your Cadillac brakes.
BRAKE TROUBLE QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
1. Are your brakes making squealing, chirping, or grinding noises?
2. Does your brake pedal pulsate or feel soft?
3. Does it take longer distances to come to a complete stop?
4. Does your vehicle pull to one side when stopping?
5. Does your steering wheel shake when applying the brakes?
6. Do you see excessive brake dust on the wheels?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, have your Certified Service technician inspect your brakes soon.