Besides all the advancements within vehicles’ components these days, between more fuel-efficient engines and a list of advantageous safety features, the media center and radio are now referred to as the
center. Not only can you control your music through the radio and connected devices, but you can customize your vehicles safety features, the vehicle settings, and even your convenience settings right from the screen in the middle of the dashboard. With all this control over your vehicle’s technology, the term INFOTAINMENT is very fitting, but with it comes many more options and ways to rearrange the way things function. Below are some basic features and a brief description on how to set them up.
1. When on the Radio screen you may have a FAVORITES section with numbered sections at the bottom. You are able to add numerous pages of FAVORITES from the SETTINGS menu at any time.
2. TUNE to the station (AM/FM/Sirius XM) that you wish to save as a FAVORITE.
3. In order to switch to one of these FAVORITES you would simply press one of the stations to change to it. However, to SAVE AS A FAVORITE you will press and hold one of the six spots until you here a chime to indicate it is saved. Once it is saved and remove your finger from the screen, the station should be programmed in the same spot you pressed and held.
SWITCHING MEDIA SOURCES
1. Begin by making sure the device you wish to play media from is connected via bluetooth, a USB enabled cord, or an auxiliary cord.
2. Identify the MEDIA button on the audio screen. Press the MEDIA button to cycle through connected, accessible devices.
3. Once the device is connected it will be identified on the screen. Depending on the source, you will need to control the media being played through either the infotainment screen or the device itself. Either way, please do so safely and not while driving.
1. To begin, identify the two places you can find the button to initiate VOICE RECOGNITION: On the steering wheel with a picture of a person beginning to speak and in the lower left-hand corner of the CUE system screen.
2. Press the button and wait for the CHIME to prompt you.
3. After the chime, begin speaking a command. All commands can be found by giving the command “HELP”. Common Commands:
- RADIO: “Tune to 9 – 2 - point – 9 – F – M “ = 92.9FM OR “Tune to SiriusXM Channel eighty-three” = 83SXM
- W/ PHONE PAIRED: “Call John Anderson” OR “Dial 7-7-0-3-9-4-9-1-0-0”
4. Please recognize that this is Cadillac’s VOICE RECOGNITION system and will be different than using an integrated phone’s voice recognition. This means that it will be different from using Apple CarPlay